Thursday, January 6, 2011

EVO 4G Shift (Sprint): Not all it's hyped up to be?



I stopped by my local RadioShack tonight to get a hands on view of the EVO 4G Shift, but they never received any units for sale today; they did have a dummy unit, which gave me some initial impressions on whether I would consider going to this phone (I currently have a Samsung Moment-awful- and am testing a real EVO 4G).


Sprint should really not call this phone an EVO; other than maybe the Sense UI and the outer appearance, there isn't much in common. It does benefit from a 45nm 800 MHz processor, though.


First impressions are that this phone isn't a huge step up for me, for mainly two reasons: 1) Screen size is too small, 2) External speaker looks to be too small to produce enough audio. Maybe everything else is up to par -- hopefully I can try out a real Shift soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment